Tuesday 31 August 2010

I'm Back!

Okay, where did the summer holidays go?? Can someone please tell me? It has just gone so fast and now we are getting ready for school again - crazy isn't it?

Holidays in France went well, but again, too quickly. We got home on the Thursday evening and I headed straight up to Birmingham for the Festival of Quilts on the Friday - too soon, didn't have time to recover from the journey home - won't be making that mistake again. Not only that, but it took me five hours to get there - a journey that would normally take two hours, two and a half max. Loved the festival though, enjoyed the Sunday much more which might have something to do with the fact that I slept the Saturday night (didn't sleep much at all on the Friday!).

I was very restrained with my shopping as well. This is my haul:



Told you I was restrained didn't I? Had to have one charm pack though, and the Liberty/V & A fabric was all on special offer on the Sunday ie. half price!! I bought the top set of fabric on the Saturday and the other set on the Sunday and it wasn't until I got home that I realised how similar they are - I was obviously in a blue/green mood.
GCSE result day went really well for our eldest; an amazing 3 A*'s, 4 A's, 2 B's, 1 C and two others pending which look like another A and another B. We are very, very proud of him. Now he has been kitted out in a suit and new shoes all ready for the next phase in his life - A levels!!
The other two go back to school on Thursday - would I be a bad mother if I said I was quite looking forward to it???

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Emma! These fabric are so lovely!
    Good for you that you whent to Birmingham. Wonder if I should get there too, but I did´nt
    :-(

    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness me, that was a big "hope" regarding the energy levels. Holiday returns and the NEC, You did well lass ! You certainly were in a green mood...what a lovely selection. Is that a bit a Libertys there too ? five hours to get there...ouch, that is just not funny :-(
    Your lad did well..many congratulations.

    Take care of yourself xx fabricloving girl

    ReplyDelete