Tuesday 16 September 2014

Tomato Haul!


Not a bad collection of tomatoes from the garden this year.  Don't they look pretty, all those beautiful colours.  We had far more than we could possibly eat, so we decided to roast them up in the oven, and then freeze them.  


The black ones looked very interesting, but were very disappointing when it came to flavour.  The tastiest ones with the orange ones, I can't remember the name of the variety but they were absolutely delicious.  

This was our first year doing tomatoes,  and it was such a success that we are looking forward to having another go next year.



  We took on an allotment this year, it was great fun to start with but we have very quickly realised that time is precious and unfortunately with the hours that we both work it was adding unnecessary stress,  especially to me.  I really enjoyed my garden last year and this year I don't feel I have as much.  Any spare time that I have had I have been torn between the garden and the allotment.  It's all about keeping the balance isn't it and I have enough to worry about without having to worry about the allotment as well.  And so the decision has been made to hand the allotment back and hopefully someone who has got more time will be able to enjoy it to the full.  I feel like a big load has been lifted off my shoulders!

No comments:

Post a Comment